Thursday, August 16, 2007

Katy's Horse and Isabelle's love for them

When Katy (Rynearson) called and asked if I would want to bring the kids over to the fair grounds to see her new horse I was very excited. My kids love horses (well Cody's a little scared but he likes to look at them.) We have got him to ride one at Dan and Rhonda's house but that is the only time so far. Anyway Austin and Isabelle love them a lot and so I was excited for them to get to see them. She has a pony and a full grown male horse. They are so cute. It was very sweet of her to invite us and I really appreciate it. Katy seemed to be doing very well. She loves being there taking care of the horses (feeding, bathing, and cleaning the stall, etc.) It sounded like she has learned a lot about them and now she wants to teach her new horse to barrel race. I'm excited that she has found something to keep her busy. I think it would be wonderful for every teen to have a hobby to keep them busy. I'm glad she found hers.
As to be expected Isabelle did not want to leave when it was time to go. And get this...now she has decided she wants a horse for Christmas. (So I guess you're not the only one starting your Christmas wish list Angie. I don't know if Santa will be able to carry your dishwasher and Isabelle's horse in his sleigh. I guess we will have to wait and see.) I'm guessing that if Santa brings a horse to our house for Christmas it will have to be for everyone not just Isabelle. But right now I don't see that happening. For now we just appreciate our friends who share their four legged friends with us.

Isabelle on Katy's new horse (I can't remember his name). As you can see she loves him too!

Katy and Isabelle in the horse barn on the fair grounds.



1 comment:

Angie D said...

Since Isabelle and I have our orders in first, we've got precedence in the sleigh. Everyone else will have to wait! :)