There's a first time for everything. And this is one of them for us. Our family
absolutely loves salsa. It seems we buy it every time we go to the store. So...Matt and I decided to take on the project of making our own. We made ten jars last
Saturday and yesterday when he got off work we made fourteen more jars as well as five jars of stewed tomatoes. That is a total of twenty-four jars of salsa and (obviously) five jars of tomatoes. We were thinking about making more canned tomatoes but it's cheap to go to
Aldi and buy them and we enjoyed making the salsa. So we went with more salsa. I'm always nervous about starting something new so I am so glad I have a husband who helps me do these things. I think he even enjoyed doing it. I know I sure enjoyed it. MAYBE NEXT YEAR WE CAN PLANT MORE TOMATOES!!!! Just kidding. I'm not sure I'm ready to do more next year than we did this year. I'm really not big on the BIG mess it makes. Maybe over time and practice the mess isn't as big. I don't know but this year we made quite a mess. Well this is one to those things I always wanted to do but never took the time. So it was rather exciting to do something new.

We thought for a while we wouldn't get very many tomatoes this year because while several others were already eating their tomatoes we had not one ripe yet. But as you can see we were blessed with many tomatoes. This
definitely made me a happy camper. Nothing beats fresh from the garden tomatoes.

I'm glad I saved my baby scales. I don't know how old this thing is but I used it way back when Austin was a baby. I almost got rid of it a couple times. But I thought I might use it for something someday. And now that someday has arrived.

It looks and smells oh so good
.
We obviously could not wait to try it. And believe me this stuff taste so much better then anything you can buy from a store. How many jars do you think we have left?
Mmm Good!
5 comments:
Any chance the recipe will be posted on the blog anytime soon, or is it a state secret?
And boy is it good...UMMY...
You should market this stuff! Have you ever seen the Lucy show where her and Ethel try to market some of their homemade salad dressing? If not, that would make you think twice before marketing it :) Bring some with you next week when we scrap, I'll bring the chips!
MMM! Looks delicious! I'm sure that by now, you have 0 jars left!
ANGIE: THIS IS NOT A SECRET RECIPE. IT'S JUST MRS. WAGES MIX FROM WAL-MART. I'M NOT THAT GOOD TO GO TOTALLY FROM SCRATCH. BESIDES SOME THINGS ARE GOOD EVEN WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK YOURSELF.
Post a Comment