Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Picnic

This year for Labor day the men (and a few women) went to the church and worked until 11:30 A.M. They pulled up all the shrubs, bushes, etc., painted, planted Ivy, fixed guttering, laid landscaping bricks, and well you get the point. They did a ton of work. After that the Wilhelm's had the church Labor Day picnic at their house this year. It was so nice not to have to go to the TPA park like we normally do. The kids all had fun and it seemed all the adults had fun too. When we go to the park the men and teens have fun playing baseball but the mommies all get to sit and watch the kids so nothing bad can happen and somebody doesn't snatch them. This year there was plenty for everyone to do. So many thanks to Kevin and Beth!!!!
Need I remind you of Isabelle's love for horses. She asked before we even went out there if she could ride the horses. We told her she wasn't allowed to say anything about riding them because that wasn't what we were going for. So needless to say she was pretty happy when they got the horses out. I believe she would be happy if she could do this everyday.

Dad even joined in on the fun.



Who knew card board boxes could be so much fun. I think all the kids had their turn in the boxes. They enjoyed playing in these boxes as much or more then the trampoline that I didn't get a picture of. But as you can tell there was plenty for the kids to do out there.





And of course Matt loved volleyball. I must admit I played my fair share too. But I love that Matt enjoys playing so much. It seems as adults you don't get to do this kind of stuff as often as we probably should. So it sure is nice when we all get together and get to do this sort of thing.






No comments: