Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mean Teacher....

I now have the definition of a mean teacher.... She slaps her students and she makes them put their nose on a piece of tape in the corner. The girls were talking yesterday at school and I walked in and this is what they were talking about. One of the girls said she actually had a teacher like this when she was in Kindergarten or first grade. Now I don't know about you all but I was thinking....I don't think so. That would not be happening with my kids in that classroom. Not that I don't want my kids disciplined. Because I definitely do but slapping your students, in front of other students. Is this even legal. I don't think so. Don't go guessing what school it is because only one of you would probably be right and that would be because her daughter was a student there. But I did think it was funny the girls were talking about defining a "mean teacher." I guess this means our teachers are pretty safe. Given this definition I don't know many teachers who are not safe as a matter of fact. We are truly blessed at our school and probably don't thank our teachers enough.

6 comments:

Janiece said...

I didn't ever have a teacher slap me, but I did have a subsitute teacher pull my hair once (I NEVER will forget you Mrs. Butler, LOL :) I was told to stop talking, but as most kindergarten girls would do, I KEPT talking, therefore I got the old tug on my braid. --Yes we are blessed to have a good school and teachers!

Carrie said...

I got called a mean teacher a lot (and not just by kids). Sigh. ;) Oh well. I'm a mean mom, too, so at least I must be consistent. Ha!

Janiece said...

Remember Carrie, consistency is the key to a lot of things in life, LOL!

tacomom said...

I'm with you, Carrie :)

Bobbie said...

Carrie, They would have really thought you were mean if you had slapped them. If it helps any, I never heard anyone ever say you were a mean teacher.

Carrie said...

Ha ha! Absence makes the heart grow fonder! I wouldn't have slapped anyone, anyway. That's a little over the top in my opinion.

However, I did occasionally have to tell parents that I wouldn't ask any child to do what I wouldn't ask my own to do. I meant it then and I would mean it now. I'm just glad to be amongst the warm and furry (though we get some pretty strange owners sometimes! ;)