Friday, July 27, 2007

Expensive Bike Ride Cont. 2


Sorry I totally messed up this blog somehow. You have to start down at the bottom with the picture of my dad airing up tires to know what is going on. Does anyway know how to tell me how to put pictures with the journaling in between the pictures. I seriously can't figure it out. Anyway I continue my bike ride. We made it to the park and the kids had a good time there. We started home and.... I got a brainy idea to continue riding my bike with Isabelle sitting in the back and take picutures of the kids behind me. That is a big mistake (please don't try this at home. Drum roll please...I lost my balance and it was either Isabelle or the camera hit the ground. I decided in that split second that the camera could go. It did too and cracked the lens right in the front. Now theres a black dot in any picture you take. To top that off my dad's formor boss drives by smiling at me. I felt like quite the retard at that moment. Now for those of you that know me know this is a very big deal to me. I snap pictures of my kids doing EVERYTHING. If they are picking their nose I want to capture it. Actually it's not quite that bad (but almost). Anyway my bike ride home was pretty depressing. I was thinking...how am I going to get a new camera (seeing that money is an issue)... I can't take pictures with dots on them....how am I going to tell Matt what I was trying to do without him laughing at me...will he be mad at me...etc. You get the picture. When you've been the goof bird, you feel pretty stupid. However, at least we made it home safely (no more pictures). Matt was being sweet and got a drink for everyone for when we got home. That's when I plurted out that I broke the camera. He wasn't thrilled but he said "I wanted to get a new camera sometime anyway". That sure made me not feel quite as bad, but really if I hadn't broke it then we wouldn't have to spend the money on a new one. Oh well mistakes happen. I'm just glad that I have a hubby that doesn't yell at me about my mistakes. He just laughs at me!!!! That might be worse I'm not sure. Maybe I should think about this a while.

4 comments:

Jenn said...

I can just picture this happening... why is that? Lol... Sorry that you broke your camera. What fun you must of all had!

Jenn

tacomom said...

Hey, there's more than one way to upgrade :)

Bobbie said...

I found out. Don't think I will try it again for a while though.

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.