Isabelle had a good time showing her cousin Julian around the classrooms and play area at preschool. She thought she was so big getting to be the leader. She walked him through the circle time room saying "this is the puppets, this is the piano, this is the chair, etc." It was so funny to watch her point out the obvious as if she hadn't told him he wouldn't have figured it out. When they first ran into the play room she ran over to the babies and kitchen. We said Julian do you want to go over there and play with Isabelle. He said "no" and went to play with the train. It was cute to watch them choose total opposite things. But Isabelle has two older brothers she can play with "boy" toys also. So she gave in and played with him. She sure does enjoy playing with her babies though.
Tuesday, September 4, 2007
Preschool Open House Wed., August 29
Isabelle will be going to St. Mary's Preschool again this year. She really liked it last year and missed her teachers over the summer. She asked me last week if she could get Mrs. Jenkins and Mrs. Lysko a card for school. She really enjoys being them and she loves being big like the boys. I really hope she learns a lot there this year. Every time I try to have her sit down and try to learn how to write her name or recognize letters she just doesn't seem to be interested. (Although she has been trying to write an s and she could already write an I. I guess that's progress.) This is really kind of scaring me with Kindergarten starting next year. But a year can change a lot of things maybe by the end of this year that's all she'll want to do. I guess we will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
That's cute. I didn't know she went to preschool last year. How did I miss that? Don't fret about her...she's the baby and they never do things at the speed of the older kids. Well, I shouldn't say never, but they do give you a scare sometimes...it's part of the deal :)
It's always wonderful when our children are excited for something and ask about it every day...I try not to let it drive me crazy :o)
~simply stork~
Your little one is growing so fast! Glad she is enjoying pre-school!
Post a Comment