
My eighteen minute patience tester was the train I had to wait on this morning on the way home from school. I do not like to just sit and do nothing and I think that crazy train was testing me. It was the longest train (at least it seemed that way to me). This train moved slower then one mile per hour I'm sure. It was in no hurry at all. Then just when the last two cars come up to the road to cross, It Stopped. Now I really get frustrated with all these trains I must wait on in the morning either taking my boys to school or coming home from school but this just made my day. If you haven't realized it yet....almost twenty minutes of doing nothing is not fun for me. Maybe tomorrow will be better.



5 comments:
I got stuck on the way TO school by that train and was late to get Connor. The other day I counted about half of a train and there were 79 cars. They always manage to go through at 8, 12 or 3 and shut down the entire town. :(
Tony can't stand 'em either. But he also gripes about the semis that own the road :) So not sure how we are supposed to get our goods. Maybe you should carry a book or magazine in the van :)
I carry whatever book I'm reading (right now it's Raising Your Spirited Child) in my bag. That way, I'm not bored and it's a great way to get in extra reading time!
I hate 'em too, but I try and make it fun if the kids are in the van and have everyone count them to see how many we can count. Of course sometimes there are some not-so-nice words on the cars, ugh! : ( I always lose track of how many there are, but at least it does pass the time. If I'm by myself, I normally have a few hundred things waiting for me to do; making grocery list, making notes so I won't forget to do things, etc. etc. --Since you love to ready, find yourself a good book to leave in the van.
Okay Ladies,
I get the point I said I didn't like to sit and do nothing but I forgot to mention that I don't want to do anything at 7:45 in the morning either. I just want to get home. But I guess that silly train didn't care about little ol' me. Thank you for the suggestions though. I guess I should leave a book in the van anyway. Maybe some morning I actually will feel like reading rather than just sitting.
Post a Comment