MY VALENTINE
I haven't posted anything about Valentines Day because I haven't had a way to download my pictures yet. But I think I better post something or forget it. We had a really good time at Hope Community Church's Valentines banquet. Ed and Emma Highlander renewed their wedding vows. They sang a beautiful song to each other. I really don't know if I have laugh so hard in a long, long time. We had guest appearances from Sonny and Cher, Elvis Presley, and Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. I'm still trying to decide if I want to post pictures of Dolly because she has threatened me. lol We had a wonderful meal (anything Heather cooks is wonderful). And a good time of fellowship together. I will try to post some pictures later.
The sweetest part of Valentines for me came on Friday though. I truly wasn't expecting anything else because we had already went to the banquet on Thursday. But....when I came home from work on Friday there was love songs playing, flower petals, and candles everywhere. I was in a state of shock because normally when I come home there are kids playing, a little girl running to the door to greet me, and all kinds of camotion. I started crying....I know I feel bad about it now. There is my husband trying to be oh so sweet and I'm crying. He kept apologizing and asking why I was crying. But after the shock were off I was so happy that my husband loved me enough to find a sitter for all our kids (different places....Thank you each one for helping) and he picked up the house and decorated it beautifully. We went out to eat at Cracker Barrel, did some shopping, etc.....and then got up for breakfast the next day. It was so nice to have some alone time with my Valentine. This meant so much more to me than any box of candy could have ever meant. Although I did get a box of Choxie chocolate too! I love when he brings me little gifts just to tell me he loves me (which he does often by the way) but it seems at Valentines and other holidays that is kind of "what your suposed to do." So for him to take the time to put more effort into it was so special for me. I think one of my top love languages with him is quality time anyway. So....Lady's I'm so sorry but I believe I have the best husband ever.
The sweetest part of Valentines for me came on Friday though. I truly wasn't expecting anything else because we had already went to the banquet on Thursday. But....when I came home from work on Friday there was love songs playing, flower petals, and candles everywhere. I was in a state of shock because normally when I come home there are kids playing, a little girl running to the door to greet me, and all kinds of camotion. I started crying....I know I feel bad about it now. There is my husband trying to be oh so sweet and I'm crying. He kept apologizing and asking why I was crying. But after the shock were off I was so happy that my husband loved me enough to find a sitter for all our kids (different places....Thank you each one for helping) and he picked up the house and decorated it beautifully. We went out to eat at Cracker Barrel, did some shopping, etc.....and then got up for breakfast the next day. It was so nice to have some alone time with my Valentine. This meant so much more to me than any box of candy could have ever meant. Although I did get a box of Choxie chocolate too! I love when he brings me little gifts just to tell me he loves me (which he does often by the way) but it seems at Valentines and other holidays that is kind of "what your suposed to do." So for him to take the time to put more effort into it was so special for me. I think one of my top love languages with him is quality time anyway. So....Lady's I'm so sorry but I believe I have the best husband ever.



5 comments:
Awwww, that is sooo sweet! Matt you did good! : )
Gave me the goosies, even though you had already told me the story.
That is awesome! Great job, Matt!
Good for you, Matt! And lucky you, Bobbie! Good men are hard to come by these days. Tony is always awesome about stuff like that...better than me, I'm afraid!
I think Dolly looks like her daughter with that blonde hair : )
Post a Comment