Monday, February 14, 2011

Daddy and His Baby Girl...Making Memories

~ "Daughters who perceive that their fathers care a lot about them, who feel connected with their fathers, have significantly fewer suicide attempts and fewer instances of body dissatisfaction, depression, low self-esteem, substance use and unhealthy weight."

~ "A daughter’s self-esteem is best predicted by her father’s physical affection.� Girls with good fathers are less likely to flaunt themselves to seek male attention."

~ "Girls with involved fathers wait longer to initiate sex and have lower rates of teen pregnancy."

~ "76 per cent of teen girls said that their fathers influenced their decisions on whether they should become sexually active."

If that doesn't scare the day lights out of some daddies I don't know what will. I am so thankful that Matt takes extra time to show Isabelle she is special to him.
One of the ways he has done that over the years is by getting her flowers on Valentines Day and taking them to school to her. Today he came home from work and said, "I need to go get Belly some flowers for Valentines Day" and I said....are you ready...I said, You don't need to do that we already gave her something." Can you believe it...Me...of all people told the man I love he did not need to buy his baby girl Valentine Flowers. Now please don't criticize me for this brief indiscretion (I was just trying to save money) and believe me I have already "whipped" myself over this moment of stupidity. Anyway...more to the point. Daddy says, "But I ALWAYS get her flowers for Valentines Day and take them to her." I then being a much smarter wife said, "Then go ahead and get them." (Still really not seeing the importance of it all at the time. But if it meant something to him then of course I wanted him to get them for her.) Anyway by time we got to Heather's Flowers I had a little more of my old self (common sense) back and was actually proud of him when he walked out with her bouquet in his hand.

When he took them in to her at school she was excited to see him and smiled real big saying, "Mmmm these smell so good."

After school she got in the van and I asked her if she liked her flowers from daddy. And here is what she said to me......."Yes, Daddy ALWAYS gets me flowers for Valentines Day!" And there you have it I was officially defeated.....I am thankful for a man that cares so much about his baby girl and wants her to know her daddy loves her. If it takes something little like buying her flowers for Valentines Day for her to set a high standard for the "man" that will eventually be her husband then by all means......BUY THE FLOWERS.
Daddy and his baby girl!

Her flowers were beautiful too!

No comments: