Monday, February 14, 2011

My Kids and Valentines Day

Okay, So maybe I'm weird but we truly take advantage of Valentines Day to try and show our kids we love them. We don't spend much on them but usually try to get them something small. Sometimes it's candy but many times it's something they can use instead. I tell my kids I love them often but this is just another special way to remind them they are special to us.

This year we found this CD on sale at the Christian book store and thought Austin would like it. The deodorant and mechanical pencils are just some extras we through in. LOL
That's my boy....Austin!
We found this sweatshirt on clearance at Wal-mart and since Cody is always wanting to wear sweatshirts we just knew he would love it. Again mechanical pencil...extras. :)
Another thing I enjoy about Valentines day is getting to help the kids create their awesome Valentine boxes. They get to help choose what they want to create and we work together to make it happen. Some years they just don't turn out like we would like but this year I believe they both turned out super cute. (Austin's just too old to make one... Which makes me sad.)

Here is Cody holding his creation......
He is Mr. Alligator....And he had a good time munching on Ethan's Noah's Ark animals today.
Isabelle got this cute little jacket (again off the clearance rack) and a pair of Valentine socks with mechanical pencils. (If you haven't figured it out yet...They use Mechanical Pencils at school and we seems to go through a lot of them too.)
Isabelle with the creation she decided she wanted to make. Very fitting since she has been taking piano lessons.
Isabelle's "grand" piano.....
Now I know it's not a grand piano....but it is "grand" to us anyway!

No comments: